General Administration Act, 1905
Act 11 of 1905
- Commenced on 22 February 1905
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the General Administration Act, 1905.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“magistrate’s court” means a court established under the Magistrate’s Courts Act, No. 66 of 1938.
3. What laws to be in forceThe Roman-Dutch common law, save in so far as the same has been heretofore or may from time to time hereafter be modified by statute, shall be law in Swaziland.
4. Posting of administrative officersThe Minister for Home Affairs may, with the Prime Minister’s concurrence, post an administrative officer to any area or part of an area within which any magistrate’s court has jurisdiction, to be a Senior Regional Secretary, Regional Secretary or Cadet, and every such Senior Regional Secretary, Regional Secretary and Cadet shall have and exercise all the powers, authorities and jurisdiction of a Regional Administrator in and for the area or part of an area to which he is so posted:Provided that every Senior Regional Secretary, Regional Secretary and Cadet shall be subordinate to the Regional Administrator for the area:And provided further that the boundaries or part of an area for which a Senior Regional Secretary, Regional Secretary or Cadet has been posted shall be as defined by the Deputy Prime Minister from time to time by notice in the Gazette.
5. Notification of appointments and acting appointmentsThe powers, jurisdiction and duties conferred and imposed on any officer of the Government by any law shall be exercised by such officer whom the appropriate Service Commission may appoint to hold or act in such office and any such appointment shall be notified by publication in the Gazette.
6. Area of jurisdiction of magistrate’s courtThe area within which a magistrate’s court shall have and exercise jurisdiction shall be as set out in Government Notice No. 121 of 1963, or as hereafter defined by the Minister for Justice or as amended by him from time to time by Notice in the Gazette:Provided that—
History of this document
22 February 1905
Cited documents 1
Documents citing this one 7
- City Council of Manzini v R.A.C.O.E and Another (163 of 2004)  SZHC 17 (26 February 2004)
- Dlamini v Umbutfo Swaziland Defence Force And Others (27 of 2001)  SZSC 27 (10 June 2002)
- Swaziland Government Gazette dated 1978-05-26 number 890
- Swaziland Government Gazette dated 1978-10-13 number 911
- Swaziland Government Gazette supplement dated 1977-06-17 number 834
- Umcebo Mining (Pty) Ltd v USA Distillers (Pty) Ltd (1890 of 2012)  SZHC 202 (5 October 2017)
- Usa Distillers (propriety) Ltd v Umcebo Pty Ltd (89 of 2017)  SZSC 28 (23 August 2018)