Nutrition Council Act, 1945
Act 11 of 1945
- Commenced on 18 May 1945
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Nutrition Council Act, 1945.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“council” means the council established by section 3;“magistrate’s court” means a court established under the Magistrate’s Courts Act, No. 66 of 1938;“Minister” means the Minister for Health.
3. Establishment of Nutrition Council
4. Chairman and secretary of the council
6. Meetings of council and committees
7. Function of the councilThe function of the council shall be to investigate and report to the Minister upon all matters relating directly or indirectly to the prevention of malnutrition in and the improvement of the diet of the inhabitants of Swaziland, which in its opinion should be investigated or which the Minister may refer to it for investigation.
8. Powers of enquiry
9. Power to make regulationsThe Minister may make regulations relating to the processing, sale and distribution of foodstuffs in the interest of the health of the inhabitants of Swaziland or any particular section thereof, and generally for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
18 May 1945