Vagrancy Act, 1963
Act 39 of 1963
- Commenced on 6 December 1963
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Vagrancy Act, 1963.
3. Powers of arrestAny police officer may, without warrant, arrest any person—
4. Powers of court
7. Places of detention
8. Assistance to obtain employmentThe superintendent of a place of detention shall—
9. Discharge by the MinisterThe Minister may, at any time, order the discharge of any person detained in a place of detention.
10. Disposal of vagrants after detention
11. Provision in regard to children
12. ExpensesAny expenses incurred by the Minister in carrying out the provisions of this Act shall be defrayed out of public funds.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
06 December 1963