Swaziland Flags and Coat of Arms Act, 1968
Act 36 of 1968
- Assented to on 13 November 1968
- Commenced on 29 November 1968
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Swaziland Flags and Coat of Arms Act, 1968.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires —“Coat of Arms” means the Coat of Arms referred to in section 5;“Flag” means the Flag referred to in section 4;“Minister” means the Minister of Local Administration;“Royal Standard” means the Royal Standard of His Majesty the King referred to in section 3.
3. The Royal Standard (Schedule)His Majesty’s Royal Standard shall be as specified in Part I of the Schedule.
4. The Swaziland Flag (Schedule)The National Flag of Swaziland shall be as depicted in Part III of the Schedule.
5. The Coat of Arms (Schedule)The Swaziland Coat of Arms shall comprise the Arms, Supporters and Motto set forth in Part II of the Schedule.
6. Amendment of ScheduleThe Minister may amend the Schedule by notice in the Gazette:Provided that Part I of the Schedule shall not be amended without His Majesty’s prior written concurrence.
7. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations prescribing objects on which, places where, and times during which, the Flag may or may not be flown, prohibiting the use of torn or dirty flags on any object or at any place, and prohibiting or controlling the use of any object or thing resembling the Flag, the Coat of Arms or the Royal Standard and such regulations may —
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
29 November 1968
13 November 1968