Baphalali Swaziland Red Cross Society Act, 1969
Act 41 of 1970
- Assented to on 13 October 1970
- Commenced on 23 October 1970
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Baphalali Swaziland Red Cross Society Act, 1969.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“Branch” means the Swaziland Branch of the British Red Cross Society which was in operation in Swaziland immediately prior to the commencement of this Act;“Conventions” means the conventions referred to in the Schedule;“Council” means the Council of the Society constituted in accordance with the provisions of section 6;“rules” means rules of the Society made under the provisions of section 7;“Society” means the Baphalali Swaziland Red Cross Society established by section 3.
3. Establishment of the Society
4. Objects of Society
5. Recognition of Society as independent voluntary aid society and use of Red Cross emblem
6. Council of Society
7. Rules of the Society
8. Transfer of assets, etc., of Branch to SocietyOn the commencement of this Act—
9. RepealThe British Protectorates (Geneva Convention) Order, 1917, as published under High Commissioner’s Notice No. 20 of 1918 and the British Protectorates (Geneva Convention) Order, 1937 as published under High Commissioner’s Notice No. 58 of 1938 are repealed.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
23 October 1970
13 October 1970