Road Safety Council Act, 1983
Act 10 of 1983
- Commenced on 10 October 1979
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Road Safety Council Act, 1983.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“Council” means the Road Safety Council established under section 3;“Financial year” means the period referred to under section 11;“Fund” means the Fund established under section 10;“Levy” means the levy imposed under section 14;“Minister” means the Minister responsible for Public Works, and Transportation.
3. Establishment of the Council
4. Road safety officer
5. Executive Committee of the Council
6. Functions of the CouncilThe functions of the Council shall be to promote road safety and shall in pursuance thereof—
7. Powers of the CouncilThe Council shall in the performance of its duties—
8. Powers of the MinisterThe Minister may give directions of a general nature to the Council relating to the performance of its duties and the Council shall comply therewith.
9. Procedure of the Council and the Executive Committee
10. Road Safety Fund
11. Financial yearThe financial year of the Council shall be the period from the 1st April in one year to the 31st March in the following year and in respect of the first accounting period it shall be a period whether shorter or longer than twelve months as the Council may determine.
12. Accounts and audit
13. Appointment of staff
14. Road safety levy
15. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations for carrying out the purposes of this Act
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
10 October 1979