Land Concession Order, 1973
Kings Order in Council 15 of 1973
- Assented to on 8 May 1973
- Commenced on 6 September 1968
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short title and commencementThis King’s Order-in-Council may be cited as the Land Concession Order, 1973 and shall be deemed to have come into force on the 6th day of September, 1968.
2. InterpretationUnless the context otherwise requires—“concessionaire” shall have the meaning assigned to it in the Concessions Partition Proclamation published in the Laws of Swaziland under Chapter 63.
3. Concession land to be held at the will and pleasure of the KingNotwithstanding anything in any other law any land held in Swaziland by a concessionaire, whose concession title or lease is still in force, shall be so held at the will and pleasure of the King on such terms as he may determine.
4. No right to have concession land converted to freehold titleNotwithstanding any other law a concessionaire shall not be entitled as of right to be issued with freehold title in respect of any land or portion of land held by him under a concession title or lease.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
08 May 1973
06 September 1968