Public Accounts Committee Order, 1974
Kings Order in Council 20 of 1974
- Assented to on 14 August 1974
- Commenced on 13 April 1973
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis King’s Order-in-Council may be cited as The Public Accounts Committee Order, 1974.
2. InterpretationIn this Order, unless the context otherwise requires—“Act” means the Finance and Audit Act, No. 18 of 1967;“Committee” means the Committee established in terms of section 3;“constitution” means the 1968 constitution repealed by the King in his Proclamation to the Nation of the 12th April, 1973;“Speaker” means the Speaker appointed under the constitution.
3. Establishment of a Public Accounts Committee
4. Hearing of evidence by the Committee
5. Duties of Auditor-General in relation to accounts and reportsThe duties and functions of the Auditor-General as provided for in the 1968 repealed constitution and in the Finance and Audit Act, 1967 in so far as they refer to the laying or presentation of accounts and reports before the House of Assembly or the making of reports of any kind to the Speaker of the House of Assembly shall respectively and in all respects be deemed to be a reference to the Council of Ministers (or such other legislative body as may hereafter be established) and to the Secretary to the Council.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
14 August 1974
13 April 1973