Exchange Control Order, 1974
Kings Order in Council 40 of 1974
- Assented to on 6 November 1974
- Commenced on 30 December 1974
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short titleThis King’s Order-in-Council may be cited as The Exchange Control Order, 1974.
2. InterpretationIn this Order, unless the context otherwise requires—“foreign currency” means any currency other than currency which is legal tender in Swaziland;“Minister” means the Minister for Finance and Economic Planning;“security” means shares, stock, bonds, debentures, debenture stock, unit certificates and includes any letter or other document conferring or containing any evidence of rights in respect of any security.
4. RepealThe Exchange Control Act, No. 98 of 1949 is hereby repealed.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
30 December 1974
06 November 1974