Electoral Office Order, 1998
Kings Order in Council 5 of 1998
- Published in Swaziland Government Gazette Extraordinary 418 on 24 November 1998
- Assented to on 12 November 1998
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 1998.]
1. Short title and commencementThis Order may be cited as the Electoral Office Order, 1998 and shall come into force on such date as the Minister may by Notice in the Gazette, appoint.
2. InterpretationIn this Order, unless the context otherwise requires—“Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo” means the person appointed under section 5 as the Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo;“Deputy Chief Electoral Officer/Liphini Mphatsi-Lukhetfo” means the person appointed under section 5 as the Deputy Electoral Officer/Liphini Mphatsi-Lukhetfo;“Minister” means the Minister responsible for Elections;“Office” means the Office referred to in section 3; and“Officer” means an officer of the Office referred to in section 8.
3. Office of Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo
4. Functions of the Office
5. Appointment of Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo and Deputy Chief Electoral Officer/Liphini Mphatsi-Lukhetfo
6. Removal from office of Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo or Deputy Chief Electoral Officer/Liphini Mphatsi-LukhetfoThe King may, in consultation with the Minister, remove the Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo or Deputy Chief Electoral Officer/Liphini Mphatsi-Lukhetfo from office for inability to perform the functions of his office (whether arising from infirmity of body or mind or from any other cause) or for misbehaviour.
7. Acting Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo
8. Officers of the officeThe Civil Service Board may on the advice of the Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo, cause to be seconded or transferred from the public service to the Office such officers as he may deem necessary for the efficient discharge of the functions of the Office.
9. Applicability of laws governing the public serviceExcept as otherwise provided in this Order, the Chief Electoral Officer/Mphatsi-Lukhetfo, Deputy Chief Electoral Officer/Liphini Mphatsi-Lukhetfo, secondment or transfer of support staff and other officers of the Office shall be subject to such laws and regulations as are generally applicable to officers in the public service.
10. Submission of report
11. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations in respect of any matter necessary to be prescribed to give effect to this Order.
History of this document
01 December 1998 this version
24 November 1998
12 November 1998